David completed his degree in Furniture Design and set up his own tiny business in the Adelphi Mill in Bollington in 1984 with an old circular saw and lathe, alongside a few pieces of oak and ash. He set about designing and making coffee tables, chairs, clocks and mirrors.
Fortunately, the canal path ran directly outside his workshop windows and people passing could look in and watch him work. This earned him his first commissions, and he soon began designing kitchens for clients.
The business grew over the years and in 1999 he purchased the Old Chapel on Beech Lane, Macclesfield. Having a great appreciation for architecture, David found it important to keep the Chapel in as original a condition as possible. Built in 1830, its beautiful stained glass windows illuminate our showroom and workshop to this day.
Today, he and his team design, craft and fit a range of interiors, from bedrooms to dining rooms, bathrooms to boot rooms. His passion will always remain within the kitchen, however. It is just one room in a home, but through thoughtful design it can become every family’s central hub.